SURVICE partners with leading-edge companies around the world to develop and deliver innovative, disruptive new technologies. Our work in unmanned aircraft systems development and testing is an example of providing new game-changing capabilities to the Warfighter for transportation and logistics. The TRV family of drones, developed in collaboration with UK-based Malloy Aeronautics, represents field-proven capability at tactically significant payloads and ranges.
- Objective capabilities: 50-400 lbs load capacity
- Multirole autonomous unmanned missions focus on assured logistics resupply in a tactical environment
- Augmentation of existing assets for “last mile” logistics for assured resupply
- Common Control Module (CCM) - Patented
- SATCOM Logistics
- Stock List Level 3 Kit
- Thermal Management Kit
- Integrated/Ruggedized Tablet Communications
- Request Puck - Patented
- Drop Rig (3 Patents Pending)
- ISP Kit (spares)
- ATAK App Plug-in
Ongoing Spiral Development Efforts
- Military Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Transition – Increase hardening while maintaining low-cost COTS subcomponents
- Spiral Technology Development – Continuously improve and evolve tactical capabilities
- Autonomy – Develop/enhance autonomous operations and supporting technologies
- Vehicle Intelligence – Enable ground combat element Marine operators
- Interface Standardization – Establish interface standards to streamline payload integration
- Testing & Evaluation – Validate/refine performance with Warfighter involvement
- Unmanned Logistics Systems-AIR (ULS-A)
SURVICE Robotics and UAV Research Facility
ATO’s new 15,000 ft2 drone facility supports development and testing of the latest in unmanned multirotor platforms and integration of custom payloads and autonomous technologies. It supports advanced prototyping capabilities, including custom electronics, high-performance computing, and the latest in virtual reality and augmented reality visualization. While specifically targeting tactical applications supporting the DoD, many of the developed and integrated technologies range from military to commercial applications.
The facility is FAA COA certified for Group 3 VTOL flights (120 acres at an altitude of 400 ft). Because it is co-located at the Harford County Airport, SURVICE has access to dedicated flight space for operating our drones, enabling us to conduct flight testing in a secure and safe space.
applied-technology-info [at] survice.com
Partnership - Malloy Aeronautics
The TRV family of tactical drones is being collaboratively developed by the UK-based Malloy Aeronautics and the Maryland-based SURVICE Engineering Company under contract with the U.S. Department of Defense. The vehicle is one of the leading concepts providing unmanned assured logistics resupply in an aerial platform organic to traditional ground-based units. Learn more at www.malloyaeronautics.com.